It's hard to soar with eagles when you're hangin' with the turkeys!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Living for Visitors

We have been spoiled. We had Forrest join us in August, Heather T. came in September, then Mara and Shelly came in November. I have never been so happy to have house-guests as I have been these last 3 months! We always love having company, but I guess being so far from home has made us HUNGRY for them!

Heather came in September, 2 days after we got back from Cappadoccia. My children fell in love with HT, friend from my younger years (Heather and I grew up in Eureka together); they have never had the chance to spend a lot of time with her until now. But after a week of outings, working out together, and plenty o' quality time spent on the trampoline, they were in love. Heather whipped me into shape that week (well, as much as you can in a week), and our kids joined us for group-workouts. By the end of our 7 days together, Jake had written up his own exercise regime that he was teaching Heather (robot arms, penguin waddles, etc). And Josie learned how to feed and name all of the stray neighborhood cats (thanks, Heath). Wow, what good times! After a week, Heather hopped on a flight for Izmir and traveled down the coast a bit. She even found her way aboard a blue cruise (jealous!). On her way back through Istanbul (homeward bound) she stayed with us for one or two more nights before we had to see her off. We love you, Heather!

Mara & Shelly brought much joy into the Reynolds household a month later. As if the two of them weren't Christmas enough, they brought two huge Rubbermaids full of America with them: Halloween costumes, candy corn, Luna bars, Orbitz gum, Goldfish, fruit leather, maple syrup...the list goes on! I've thought of them every day I've looked into my cupboards for the last month...thanks, guys! We had the best week; the weather gods smiled kindly upon us, allowing us to take a Bosphorus cruise, visit the sights on Sultahnamet, and do plenty of shopping in the bazaars. Thanks to Mara & Shelly I am now officially addicted to scarf shopping! I wanted so badly to hop on their flight from Istanbul to Paris with them and finish out their European Vacation with them. Next year?

After October ended and the crowds in the household had thinned I found myself wanting to curl up on my couch and go into hibernation...until spring and the next influx of visitors arrives. Any takers?


Mara, Shelly & I shopped the markets,

Belly danced (well, Mara did)

Saw the mosques

Shopped some more

And took a Bosphorus Cruise

Due to a tragic loss of camera memory

I have very few pics of Heathers visit. Grr!

2 comments:

  1. That was SOOO much fun! Hope we can come again!! I need some more Apple Tea! :) Love you Angi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Shelly we need to go again, next time with the boys! Love you too Ang!

    ReplyDelete