It's hard to soar with eagles when you're hangin' with the turkeys!
Friday, May 4, 2012
Exhibition! A post by Mia
Exhibition is a unit we do in 6th grade where you take a passion you have and link it to a global issue. My passion was singing and my global issue was helping people with handicaps. After we make the link we have to go out into the world and do something about the global issue. The teachers don't help...it's all organized by you and you only. So I organized a trip to a school for people with disabilities. I had practiced a few songs to perform or them and gave a concert for them to try to bring them some happiness. At first I was a little overwhelmed because my new friends wanted to touch my hair and hug me...but after a while I really enjoyed them and had a lot of fun with them. They even sang some songs for me in Turkish.
As part of my action I also taught the PREP kids the song "Three Little Pigs" by Laurie Berkener. They were so silly and had so much fun with it. They filmed their performance of the song and played it for the school at an assembly.
The whole assignment/project was an amazing experience, especially to go to the school and sing for my new friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment