It's hard to soar with eagles when you're hangin' with the turkeys!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Lovin'

This summer was the slowest, laziest summer we've ever known as a fam. We did a bit of reading, swimming...and a whole lot of driving each other bonkers. Sharing the car with Ryan = a lot of housebound days, but even though we got our fill of one another, I still loved the slow, unscheduled days of summer 2010. I'll always remember these last 6 weeks with the kids...


Josie gets Choncho ready for a swim


Thys ties Mia to the prow


Jake catches on


Jake turns 6


We spent the 4th


With the Bonds & Dillards (Ryan throws Matt in)


The kids did a LOT of reading


We discovered fields of sunflowers growing nearby


The kids swam and swam












Jake set a few traps


Found a cute ladybug in the yard


Jake created dino/animal bowling

5 comments:

  1. Rangi! I miss you guys. Thx 4 the email - jorry no reply from Jenny. Little do you know but I'm saving up my Skymiles to come see you guys next summer. Brooks says he wants to come, 2...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Please come! We miss you guys so much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunflower photo is so, so cool. Your trip to Israel plus your slow-paced summer makes moving to Turkey worth it in my book! I surrender & must stop giving you grief for moving. I'm so happy for you & the family's adventures. (A slow-paced few weeks is a different type of adventure that I believe every person & family should make happen once in a while.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Angi - miss you guys so much! Beautiful pictures. That ladybug is about the most beautiful bug I've ever seen. When does school start? Love, Mom R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely summer Angi...love your pictures and comments as always.

    ReplyDelete