It's hard to soar with eagles when you're hangin' with the turkeys!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The time has come, the time is now!

I used to read Thys a LOT of books when he was a little guy. Because he would bring them to me by the armfuls. He never wanted toys to play with, and I don't think he ever played "pretend" a day or a moment in his life. He just wanted to be read to, wrestled with, or tramping around in the great outdoors.

I knew the day would come when that little guy wouldn't need me to read to him anymore, when he wouldn't be able to plop down in my lap with a board book. And I suppose I knew the day would come where HE would be the one to take Ryan or I in a wrestling match. And well, I guess that day has come. He hasn't needed me to read to him for years of course, but in the last month that little boy has stretched out in height (now taller than his mother), and beat me for the first time in an arm wrestling match.

And I don't know that I am too happy about all of this growing up nonsense. I would pay big money for the days when he would climb into my lap and ask me to "read a boot". And I think I'd give my right arm to have that little "Thys-e-boy" grab my hand and want me to take him for a walk to the park.




No comments:

Post a Comment