Good news...we found trees, the forest...we knew they were here in Turkey somewhere! We discovered the ancient city of Selucia about 30 miles up into the mountains from where we were staying (thanks to the great tip from our cottage proprietor). The ruins of Selucia were so beautiful...we felt like we were in a movie set from 'Lord of the Rings'. Even better news...no one visits these places, so we had this ancient beauty all to ourselves for the afternoon.
Gatekeepers
Ry at the city entrance
Thys and I: He may be taller now, and stronger, but I'm still the boss of him!
Jake was made to roam free
Hiking the ruins
Old city walls
Scrambling up and over ruins...you couldn't do this in the states...
Aqueduct
Mia, Jake and Josie
Jakey
Jake found a praying mantis...or is it a leaf bug? I don't know how he spots these things!
Peek-a-
Boo!
Last pic of the day...love these guys
Que LINDOS! I just love your kiddos!(and their parents too) especially how much of their little personalities shine in each picture.
ReplyDelete