It's hard to soar with eagles when you're hangin' with the turkeys!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Lovin' the girl I'm near!

Another Conversation with Jake:

Jake: "Mom, what happens when you kiss a girl?"

Angi (hesitating): "Uh, I dunno...you get warts?"

J: "Well, I kissed Ecem (Edge-em)."

A: "You kissed Ecem? When? Where?"

J: "Well, not today...the other day, on the playground."

A: "Did Ecem want you to kiss her?"

J: "I don't know, but after I did it the first time, she wanted me to do it again."

A: "Jake, I don't know that it's a very good idea to go around kissing girls. You can kiss Mom, Mia...you know, members of our family. But not other girls until you're a bit more grown up."

J: "Ah come on, Mom. I kissed Chloe before." (Chloe is Jakes best friend back home).

A: "A-hem. Jake, no more smooching girls, alright?"

J: "Ohhhh, alright!"

I am singing the song from Finnian's Rainbow right now in my mind: "When I'm not near the girl I love, I love the girl I'm near!" Does the kid make me nervous? Uh-huh. Do I think he'll lay off the smooching? Doubt it.

Tyler & Juleen (padres de Chloe): I do believe our move was timely after all...for obvious reasons. Here's to hoping that Chloe won't be needing counseling a few years down the road!


Jake & Chloe, Cannon Beach Oregon, 2009

5 comments:

  1. Jake made Chloe giddy - he has ways with women... -Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! no one better be moving in on chloe's territory:) we have big plans for jake and chloe in about 15 years....you'll be back by then, right:) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm still ticked off that both of your families moved, for just a second today after reading this post, I'm looking on the bright side: I probably would've never gotten to see this awesome photo of Jake & Chloe! It oozes with the contagious energy of childhood. Heaven! And Angi, I loved the "Children's Day" post so SO much. See, I've always believed there should be a "Children's Day" holiday in the USA. I loved (if I do say so myself) that I created an annual "Children's Appreciation Day" in our Primary once upon a time. I think in my spare time I need to lobby it to our whole country. I'm thinking Turkey is pretty fine now. I don't like that you live there now instead of here. But I'll stop complaining because hey, you live in a country that has an 'official' Children's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen it a thousand times jake! Cut it out! Stop kissing! Eww! Your only 5!

    ReplyDelete