It's hard to soar with eagles when you're hangin' with the turkeys!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

There are Days

There are days. Days when all you can do as the sun sets is flop back and surrender to what is:

I am an imperfect parent to imperfect children.

We are displaced...far from family, familiary & friends.

Tonight I am thinking of my friend Jen Ellsworth, who taught me the value of counting blessings at days end. Jen would simply scribble down a few things she was grateful for before she went to bed, in order to end her day on the up. So allow me to unearth a few nuggets from todays rubble:

Today I am grateful for the sponging up of sun Josie and I did as we walked through the neighborhood.

Today I am grateful for the smell of lilacs and honeysuckle that we waded through on above mentioned walk.

Today I am grateful for lego's that keep little hands and minds busy.

Today I am grateful for sweetly illustrated children's books (Martin Waddell).

Today I am grateful for chocolate oatmeal cake.

Lastly, I am grateful for Ryan, who thankfully invites humour and fun into our home when we need it most.


Ryan puts dinner on


Lego watchdog looks after the kids; Mom checks out

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beanie!! ahhh the small simple pleasures...I love them too!!

    ReplyDelete