Jake has been very in touch with what his heart is telling him this week.
On the first day of the week Jake told me, "Mom, today my heart is telling me it wants a cookie." The next day his heart was telling him that "we need to buy a dalmation dog." On Thursday Jake came to me feeling sad: "Mom, my heart is telling me that it wants to go home. To our green home in Seattle." And today, after enjoying a week of spring break, Jake told me that his heart is telling him that he "doesn't want to go back to school tomorrow." I'm glad to have a little one who is so in tune with his small but growing-every-day heart. It is actually quite big for such a little one.
One more Jakie story if I may: The other night Ryan asked him to say family prayer. Amongst other things, Jake prayed: "Help us to be super-dee-duper-dee kind." Mia spluttered out LOUD in laughter. Jake opened his eyes and looked up innocently: "What WAS that noise? A buffalo?"
Lovin' this kid.
Ang, I am loving following your adventures there. Thanks for sharing them Sis. Sure do miss your sweet family. I love this story! Besos!
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Gosh. Jakie!!!! That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Love and miss you guys!
ReplyDelete